The Bad Effects
There is not a lack of bad effects for us to tell you about when it comes to smoking. In fact, there are so many we can split them into short and long term effects:
Short term effects
- Bad skin. You might not see it but others do, your skin can look aged and pale.
- Yellow round your nails.
- Bad breath. It smells bad, it really does! Smelly clothes and hair. The smell of smoke lingers. Even if you carry gum, getting that smell off your body is not easy.
- Poor physical performance. Even if you are good at sports and a smoker, you will do much better without the cigarettes because your lungs will work better. That is true on the athletic field, in the pool and with any other physical activity.
- Being ill more frequently. You are more likely to get coughs, colds and chest infections. If you have asthma, you are more likely to get an attack.
Long term effects:
- Heart disease
- Thin bones
- Stomach ulcers
- Impotence (not being able to get it up/get an erection)
- Lung disease
- Blood clots
There is more and this might seem far off but it happens, if you are worried about how smoking affects your looks click here to read an article on the nhs website.