Education can be fun and rewarding for everyone. Learning new skills can make you feel good about yourself and provide other benefits too! We have loads of links to all sorts of exciting courses and training opportunities. If you are not too sure what you are interested in, we even have links to people who will help you to find out! Take a look below and see where to go, who to talk to and what is out there for you!
1. Prince’s Trust- www.princes-trust.org.uk; gives young people practical and financial support to develop skills, confidence and motivation, so that they can move into work, education or training. If you want to start your own business the Prince's Trust can help you with advice, funding, writing a business plan and mentoring.
2. Hackney Community College- www.tcch.ac.uk; offers a range of full and part time courses for school leavers and adults. They have a full range of courses to choose from, so check out their courses guide!
3. Hackney Empire- www.hackneyempire.co.uk; is one of the country’s leading variety theatres and it aims to provide something for everyone, they even have a department specifically for performing arts education.
4. The Young Actors Theatre- www.yati.org.uk; is a community based theatre which provides drama classes, workshops and productions for young people, with the opportunity for professional development in the performing arts.
5. Arcola Theatre- www.arcolatheatre.com; is a highly respected arts venue that offers a range of opportunities. Most notably are the FREE drama classes for 13 – 19 year olds every week! Check them out!
6. Circus Space- www.thecircusspace.co.uk; provides all ages with physical challenges and artistic pleasure of Circus Arts. They have the UK’s only degree level education in Circus Arts, as well as training programmes for under 18's. There are also recreational classes for young people and adults.
7. Vinspired Youth Voluntary Projects- www.vinspired.com; Volunteering can be a very rewarding activity to take on in life. Vinspired believes in ‘free’. They do favours for free for people who really need it. If you have a lot or even a little spare time, contact Vinspired and they will put you in touch with the world of volunteering.
8. The Learning Trust- www.learningtrust.co.uk; is a private, not-for profit company responsible for running all education services in the London Borough of Hackney.
9. ReachOut!– www.reachoutuk.org; will help you develop your abilities and become a mentor for younger children who need your help! They also have loads of social events to get involved in too!
10. Capital Experience; email them: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8522 5722. If you have an interest in construction professions, then a Capital Xperience programme might be for you. They offer loads of programmes and internships for 16-19 year olds in East London. Also, visit www.constructionyouth.org.uk to find out more!
11. Moving on– email: email@example.com or call 020 7275 0003 or visit at: 2 Seal Street, London, E8 2EE. Moving on is an employment project to help people with mental illness get into employment.
12. Springboard– www.springboarduk.net or call 0207 497 8654. If you have an interest in a career in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel or Tourism, Springboard can jump you into the right career path!